Thursday, June 26, 2008







My Jewel.







Paige asked me on Sunday - knowing that she would be in her math class on Thursday morning - if I would accompany Ivy to her neighborhood play group. "Of course!" 





The theme was "It's a Pirate's Life for Me." Ivy greeted me at the door in a great pirate shirt and her loverly pirate tatoos. We gathered with other kidlings at the Clubhouse. Our first adventure was making pirate hats. Ivy performed this activity in speedy time and eloquent fashion. She placed heart-shaped jewels on her skull's eyes. She dabbed other bright jewels - well, like many jewels to the front of her hat. Then about ten kidlings and nine moms and one grandma guided, chased, and scurried from pool to swing sets finding clues to the treasure. Guess what the treasure was? P.O.P.S.I.C.L.E.S! 





Way, way too warm for our pirates to lick outside. So . . . we lined them up in front of the clubhouse kitchen. Ivy was the only female pirate. All the other pirates fought to sit by her - even pirates appreciate real beauty. Play group was a great success in my humble opinion. I do declare, "It's a Grammi's Life for Me!"















No comments: