Saturday, June 28, 2008

Service.
"My sight has been failing, but my vision is improving."  
Apostle David B. Haight 
The Savior's model and meaning for our lives is service. From pre-existence, in our mortal state, and our post mortal existence, the Savior's supreme message is to serve one another. I have just figured this out. I think I have known this on some level or levels and thought I was serving but this summer I have come to understand and see with "new eyes" the meaning and mission of the Savior's life - and so my life, too.
I have always thought in a visceral way that Satan would not give his life to secure our eternal lives. He was too selfish, perhaps - and now the subject is dead anyway. But the Savior - "Here. Send me" - I sincerely pray each and every day of my mortal existence my response to my Heavenly Father's beckoning and our Savior's call shall be, "Here. Send me."

1 comment:

Lyndsie Miles said...

I love this! This gave me a great uplift today! Thank you!