Friday, July 18, 2008

Confession.
I know why Americans have a problem with gaining weight: Rachael Ray, Take Home Chef, Martha Stewart, etc., etc., etc. These cooking shows drive me bananas. No. Wait. Excuse me. NOT bananas! I am talking steak with salmon. I am talking creme la chocolat mousse. I am talking food I cannot pronounce but my stomach wants to meet. Watching these shows is anything but passive for me. I can hardly contain my hunger. I have to, have to, have to wander into my kitchen to see what is available during commercials. Like popcorn topped with M & M's. 

I have to confess that I fantasize Take Home Chef meeting up with me in Macy's:  in the cereal isle. I wouldn't admit I shop the cereal isle because, well, sometimes cereal is the MAIN DISH-A-ROO at our house. No. No. I would just act coy. I would tell him I was shopping for a romantic dinner for my boyfriend and me. Take Home Chef will make the most scrupdelicious meal ever! When it comes time for my boyfriend to show up, I'll just tell the Chef that said boyfriend came down with the chicken pox and sends his sincere regrets. Take Home Chef says, "No problem!" Then he sits with me. To eat. To talk. To make yet another meal date! Oh, how I dare to dream.

Anyway, back to reality. I swear I gain weight watching these shows. Physically eating doesn't even have to happen. Those darn cooking shows. I wonder if I could lose weight watching those exercise shows. Sitting on my couch. Eating popcorn sprinkled with M and M's. I wonder.

1 comment:

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh, how I love your insights! They make me smile and choose happiness on days I am so tired!