Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneers.
To be quite honest here - there are many men and women I want to meet in the afterlife. Writers, statesmen, Father Adam, Mother Eve, my Savior, my Heavenly Father, and the Pioneers. I have questions for them and about them just as I have questions for the others, too. I will thank them for their fortitude and commitment to preserve the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ for me. I remember when I worked at the State Capitol Building that I would peer out among the avenues from the 4th floor windows. Trees. So many trees. I would think of the Pioneers planting those trees. The trees were my roots to the Pioneers of 1847. 

1 comment:

Lyndsie Miles said...

I absolutely agree. I love learning about the pioneers. I can’t wait until the kids are a bit older to bring them back for a church history tour.