Monday, July 14, 2008

Courtney Studies Blood Drawing While I Study Journalism, 
Hobos, and the Great Depression.

Courtney took a class to learn how to draw blood in Salt Lake from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. I drove her up to Salt Lake.  I decided to take in a movie, Kitt Kittredge. This is a well-produced film. I learned about journalism, hobos during the Great Depression, and the effects the Great Depression had on people - physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually. The film has humor, drama, and life lessons. Rated G. After the movie, I dropped into a Barnes and Noble. I found a perfect book for my 3rd grade geography lessons! Thanks, Court! I had a great 6 hours in Salt Lake City. I found a gas station that had gas for $4.05 compared to the $4.15 in other stations. Steal. The downer is that it is now about 11 p.m. and I drive up to Salt Lake for a Literacy Coaching class at 8:00 a.m. Bummer.  : (

1 comment:

Lyndsie Miles said...

Wow! That was a productive night. You are a rare teacher that is wonderful about always looking for ways to teach. That movie sounds very interesting. I know Chris and I would love to watch it. Where was it playing?