Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hats Off to Utah State Department of Education

Our conference room was warmer today - MUCH warmer, thank you for asking. Fortunately, my friend, Jill, and I sat by a fan. If not for the fan, I would have stripped to my undies and dove into the Sheraton pool at each break. Today we complained about the heat and yesterday about the cold. Fickle teachers! 

The Literacy Coach training has been helpful, well-presented. The Utah State Department of Education offers fantastic training for Utah's teachers. I have been a part of Reading First training for five years now. The Office of Education stays in the know and in the now for what is current best practice and researched-base success for students and teachers. I have amazing teacher friends from every county in the State of Utah as a result of our training. We arrive from different cities, different schools, different backgrounds but we all have the commonality of loving what we do - teaching students and training teachers. We laugh. We cry. We complain. We rejoice. We support. We grow. 

Another tidbit about our training this week has been the Sheraton luncheons - mama mea! Yummy! Yesterday was chicken with rice and fresh asparagus. Oh, HUGE chocolate pie. Today was steak salad with HUGE lemon pie. The rolls are to die for. Jill and I hope our table isn't full so we can eat the extra rolls. So far, so good!

Timely training. Delicious food. Wonderful friends. The room temperature needs a little regulating but when you sit in a room of females with average ages between 45 - 65, one should expect wacky temperatures - if you get what I mean. 

2 comments:

Pg. said...

Now I want to go to training so I can eat some yummy food. Just so you know I have seriously missed your help the last few days.

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh, that all sounds so fun... and the food sounds SO very good! Can you get a little out and bring it to me? JK!
And I love the last bit about the temperatures... lol!