Saturday, August 23, 2008

Will We Ever Laugh Together Again?


My friend, Michele, called me early Saturday morning. "Margo, I have some very sad news to tell you." I thought it must be one of her eight children or one of her grandchildren. "My brother Lansing and his son, Dallin, were killed in a plane crash in Moab last night." Michele shared with me what she knew of the accident. I thought of her parents who are in their eighties. How horribly sad for them to lose a son and a grandson. I thought of Lansing's wife and remaining three children. How sad. My faith comforts me that the ten people who lost their lives are just fine. My head tells  me this is a tragedy I cannot understand. Michele flew to Arizona to be with her parents. I felt numb going through my Saturday. I called Gavin who is visiting Sesame Place with Jamie and their three children. I told him I loved him. I told my daughters how much I loved them. Ivy and Eliza were hugged so tightly today. I am thinking of what Apostle Dallin Oaks taught us in conference long ago, "Christ lived to die  so we could die to live." 

1 comment:

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh, goodness. I didn't realize that was them. I saw the news article. I'm so sorry. I pray they will have comfort and solace at this time.