Monday, April 6, 2009

It's Official (Keratoconus)

It is now official: I am in the advanced stages of Keratoconus. I will begin treatment (lenses made especially for each eye) on Wednesday. I do not know when my transplants will be. The transplants cannot restore the eyesight I have lost but will prevent further complications (I hope!) Anyway, Keratoconus explains my hating lights on and other sight difficulties through the past 30 years. I am happy I went in to see about laser! Tender mercies surround me every day.


http://www.helpkeratoconus.com/contact-lenses-keratoconus.htm

2 comments:

lyn. said...

I have had Keratoconus for years, but nothing has gotten worse. I do visit the eye doctor each year, though.

Just know, that you can never have lasik surgery because it will turn your eye to mush...

I hope that everything else is good with you!!

730am said...

Thanks for your comments, Lyn! I have since met so many that have this medical condition. I am not too worried. I am in the advanced stage which means that cornea transplants ARE ALMOST CERTAIN. That doesn't worry me too much either. I won't have laser as that is what Dr. Lohner told me - MUSH!!!